Eastern Health employees’ can salary package a portion of his / her salary and wages to be reimbursed for a portable device such as laptop / Notebook or PDA expense.
- The item must be used mostly for work purposes. That is you must use it for work more than 50% of the time.
- You are required to obtain sign-off by an associate director/equivalent or above on your claim form before being able to salary package the item.
- The item must be purchased outright, not on a plan.
- Accessories such as bags; cases; covers or additional software or warranties are not allowable benefits and will not be reimbursed.
- Eastern Health threshold card must not have been used to purchase the portable electronic device.